• High Point Public Library provides free health screenings in the lobby and Morgan Community Room from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• The High Point Community Housing & Neighborhood Development Committee discusses code enforcement when it meets in the 3rd Floor Lobby Conference Room in the Municipal Building, located at 211 S. Hamilton St., at 10 a.m.• The Weatherspoon Art Museum provides a 20-minute docent-led tour of the Rosemarie Fiore exhibit at noon.
• Jody Natalle and Jenni Simon lead a discussion about their new book about First Lady Michelle Obama in the Hodges Reading Room in Jackson Library on the campus of UNCG in Greensboro at 4 p.m.
• The community development/housing/general government committee of Winston-Salem City Council discusses a design study on the Martin Luther King Jr. Drive/Waughtown Street area when it meets in Room 239 of City Hall, located at 101 N. Main St., at 4:30 p.m.
• The Guilford County School Board meets in the Board Room at the Administrative Building, located at 712 N. Eugene St. in Greensboro, at 6 p.m. Agenda here.
• The public works committee of Winston-Salem City Council receives an update on the Merschel Park Master Plan when it meets in Room 239 of City Hall at 6 p.m.
• The High Point Planning & Zoning Commission holds a public hearing on the new development ordinance when it meets in council chambers at the Municipal Building, located at 211 S. Hamilton St., at 6 p.m.
• The Macedonia Neighborhood Association meets at the Macedonia Family Resource Center, located at 401 Lake Ave., at 6 p.m.
• The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School Board considers approval of plans for low-performing schools when it meets in the Auditorium at the Education Building, located at 4801 Bethania Station Road. The board meets at 5 p.m. to go into closed session, and the open session begins at 6:30 p.m.
• The Highland Mills Neighborhood Association meets at Highland United Methodist Church, located at 1013 Mill Ave., at 7 p.m.