• The Winston-Salem Public Facilities Commission meets at noon at the Benton Convention Center.
• High Point City Council meets in the 3rd Floor Conference Room in the Municipal Building, located at 211 S. Hamilton St., at 3:30 p.m. to discuss the community development & housing/neighborhood revitalization budget.
• The finance committee of Winston-Salem City Council considers a request for financial assistance from Ujima CDC for construction of the Emmanuel Retirement Community when it meets in Room 239 of City Hall, located at 101 N. Main St., at 4:30 p.m.
• High Point City Council meets in the council chamber at the Municipal Building at 5:30 p.m. Agenda here.
• The Greensboro Zoning Commission meets in the council chamber at Melvin Municipal Office Building, located at 300 W. Washington St., from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
• The public safety committee of Winston-Salem City Council receives information about the proposed Fourth Police District when it meets in Room 239 at City Hall at 6 p.m.
• The Renaissance Community Co-op holds its monthly community meeting at Presbyterian Church of the Cross, located at 1810 Phillips Ave. in Greensboro, at 6:45 p.m.
• The Guilford County School Board hosts a public forum on what qualities they should look for in a new superintendent at Dudley High School, located at 1200 Lincoln St. in Greensboro, at 7 p.m.
• Actor George Takei speaks at the Greensboro Coliseum as part of the Bryan Lecture Series at 7:30 p.m.