Broadcaster Edward R. Murrow, a journalistic icon, is more relevant than ever in this presidential campaign season, so how come he seems like a ghost in his native Guilford County? Editor in Chief Brian Clarey explores the conundrum in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• High Point Journal: Forward High Point, Ray Gibbs envision downtown rebirth
• Editorial: Get ready to vote
• It just Might Work: Compulsory voting
• Editor’s Notebook: The audacity of grope
• Citizen Green: Reality TV politics — a suburban mom’s nightmare
• Sportsball: A Boston B-ball birthday
• All She Wrote: Freaky Friday’s
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s paper.