• The Downtown Winston-Salem Business Improvement District Advisory Committee meets at 9:30 a.m. at Trade Street Partners, located at 635 N. Trade St., for a walking tour of the district.
• Bandito Burrito and Wright Up Ur Galley, usual suspects in the Greensboro food-truck roundup, pull up to Center City Park for their usual appointment from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Greensboro City Council meets for a work session from noon to 2 p.m. in the Plaza Level Conference Room at the Melvin Municipal Office Building, located at 300 W. Washington St.
• The finance committee of the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School Board meets in Room 223 of the Education Building, located at 4801 Bethania Station Road, at 3 p.m. Read on for information about the full board meeting.
• The Winston-Salem/Forysth County School Board meets in the Public Meeting Auditorium of the Education Building, located at 4801 Bethania Station Road, at 5 p.m. The board immediately goes into closed session. The public portion of the meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. Agenda here.
• Husband and wife duo Rennie and Brett Sparks, better known as the Handsome Family, who have garnered national notice for contributing the theme song to the “True Detective” TV series, appear at the Blind Tiger, located at 1819 Spring Garden St. in Greensboro, at 8 a.m. Richard Buckner and Marcie Horne with Sammy Shelor are also on the bill.