• Black conservative Ben Carson is a tea party favorite for the 2016 GOP nomination for president. At least one proxy in the campaign to draft Carson will be on hand for the conservative lunch at the Golden Corral at Hanes Mall in Winston-Salem. It could be former Guilford County Commissioner Steve Arnold or former Winston-Salem councilman Vernon Robinson — or both! The electioneering begins at noon.
• The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School Board holds a special called meeting in the Superintendent’s Conference Room at the Education Building, located at 4801 Bethania Station Road, at 2:30 p.m. During the first part of the meeting the board will go into close session to discuss a personnel matter and a legal matter. Agenda here.
• Greensboro City Council meets at Melvin Municipal Office Building, located at 300 W. Washington St., at 5:30 p.m. The agenda includes a resolution to close South Edgeworth Street south of Spring Garden Street.
• The Guilford County School Board meets in the Board Room of the Administration Building, located at 712 N. Eugene St. in Greensboro, at 5:45 p.m. Agenda here.
• Prez Parks, 50ft, DJ Bonzani and the rest of the crew from the Gate City Get Down relocated their dance party to Longshanks Billiards, located at 106 W. McGee St. in downtown Greensboro. The party starts at 10 p.m.