• Renderings of potential enhancements to the High Point Public Library parking lot will be on display in the Morgan Room at the library from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Look for a story about the enhancements in tomorrow’s issue of Triad City Beat.
• The Greensboro Solid Waste Management Commission, tasked with reviewing the city’s current and long-term solid waste management and recycling practices, meets at the Hugh Medford Service Center Training Room, located at 401 Patton Ave., from 3 to 5 p.m.
• The building and grounds committee of the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School Board meets in Room 223 of the Education Building, located at 4801 Bethania Station Road, at 4 p.m.
• The community development/housing/general government committee of Winston-Salem City Council reviews a draft of a public art plan and receives an update on a skate park plan when it meets in Room 239 of City Hall, located at 101 N. Main St., at 4:30 p.m.
• The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School Board meets in the auditorium of the Education Building at 5:30 p.m. Agenda here.
• The Conference on African American and African Diasporic Cultures & Experience kicks off with a poetry café led by D. Noble and two panel discussions at the Elliott University Center on the campus of UNCG at 6 p.m. For more information, email [email protected] or call 336.334.5507.
• The Guilford County School Board meets in the Board Room of the Administrative Building, located at 712 N. Eugene St. in Greensboro, at 6 p.m. Agenda here.
• The public works committee of Winston-Salem City Council meets in Room 235 of City Hall at 6 p.m. Agenda here.
• CFBG Records screens the documentary film Records Collecting Dust at the Crown at the Carolina Theatre in Greensboro, at 8 p.m. Psyoptic Records presides over the after-party at Longshanks Billiards until 2 a.m.