• The High Point Transportation Advisory Committee meets in the Parks & Recreation Administration building, located at 136 Northpoint Ave., at 10 a.m.
• The fellows at ThinkHouseU, a residential community for student entrepreneurs, unveil their business plans at HQ Greensboro from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• 88.5 WFDD FM presents a live concert of North Carolina-based psychwave/shoegaze band Spirit System at Hanesbrand Theatre in Winston-Salem at 11:30 a.m. The event is free.
• The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School Board meets in the auditorium of the Education Building, located at 4801 Bethania Station Road in Winston-Salem, at 5 p.m. The board immediately goes into closed session, with the public portion of the meeting beginning at 6:30 p.m. Agenda here.
• Historian, author and activist Barbara Ransby delivers a lecture on the terrain of the black freedom movement, from Black Power to Black Lives Matter, at the Porter Byrum Welcome Center at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem at 5:30 p.m.
• Former NBA players Gene Banks and Wayne Robinson join Greensboro Councilwoman Sharon Hightower for a community meeting at Dudley High School, located at 1200 Lincoln St., at 6 p.m. to discuss economic development, housing, public safety and other matters of concern to residents in District 1.
• The Greensboro Downtown Residents’ Association holds its annual meeting at HG Greensboro at 6 p.m.
• The Washington Street Neighborhood Association meets at the Community & Neighborhood Development Center, located at 201 Fourth St. in High Point, at 6 p.m.
• The High Point Planning & Zoning Commission meets in council chambers on the third floor of the Municipal Building, located at 211 S. Hamilton St., at 6 p.m.