• High Point City Council meets in closed session in council chambers at the Municipal Building, located at 211 S. Hamilton St., at 2:30 p.m. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss a legal matter concerning Seaboard Chemical Corp.
• The finance committee of High Point City Council meets at 3:30 p.m. in the city manager’s conference room on the third floor of the Municipal Building.
• High Point City Council meets in council chambers at the Municipal Building at 4:30 p.m. Agenda here.
• Keva Brooks-Napper signs copies of her new book, A Fight to Fly, at Mount Zion Baptist Church, located at 1301 Alamance Church Road in Greensboro, from 5 to 7:30 p.m.
• Greensboro City Council meets at 5:30 p.m. in council chambers in the Melvin Municipal Office Building, located at 300 W. Washington St. The agenda includes a resolution approving the sale of land to Union Square Campus Inc.
• Comedian, author and social activist Dick Gregory speaks on the legacy of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. in the KR Williams Auditorium on the campus of Winston-Salem State University at 7 p.m.
• Winston-Salem City Council meets in council chambers of City Hall, located at 101 N. Main St., at 7 p.m. Agenda here.