• The community housing & neighborhood development committee of High Point City Council, discusses neighborhood gardens and a proposed program to provide financial assistance to city employees to live in the Core City when it meets in the parks & recreation administrative offices, located at 136 Northpoint Ave., at 10 a.m.
• The community development/housing/general government committee of Winston-Salem City Council hears a report on Compassionate Winston-Salem when it meets in Room 239 at City Hall, located at 101 N. Main St., at 4:30 p.m.
• The Arts Council Engagement Society hosts a community conversation on arts in education at the Milton Rhodes Arts Center in Winston-Salem from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Panelists include AmyBith Harlee, curriculum coordinator at RJ Reynolds High School; Peter Wilbur, K-4 music and middle school film teacher at the Arts Based School; Sonja Sepulveda, artistic director at the Winston-Salem Youth Chorus; and Mike Lindenthal, visual arts teacher at the Enrichment Center.
• The Guilford County School Board meets in the Board Room at Administrative Offices, located at 712 N. Eugene St. in Greensboro, at 6 p.m.
• The public works committee of Winston-Salem City Council meets in Room 239 of City Hall, located at 101 N. Main St., at 6 p.m. Agenda here.
• The Macedonia Neighborhood Association meets at the Macedonia Family Resource Center, located at 401 Lake Ave. in High Point, at 6 p.m.
• The Highland Mills Neighborhood Association meets at Highland United Methodist Church, locates at 1013 Mill Ave. in High Point, at 7 p.m.
• Matty Sheets hosts open mic at New York Pizza, located at 337 Tate St. in Greensboro. Sign up at 9:30 p.m., showtime at 10.