• A building advisory team meeting begins in the school administration conference room at High Point Central High School at 9 a.m.
• High Point City Council meets for a budget work session in the 3rd Floor Lobby Conference Room, also known as “the Fishbowl,” from 3 to 5 p.m.
• The finance committee of Winston-Salem City Council reviews the capital plan in the Committee Room at City Hall, located at 101 N. Main St., at 4 p.m.
• Greensboro City Council meets in Council Chambers at the Melvin Municipal Office Building, located at 300 W. Washington St., at 5:30 p.m. Agenda here.
• SECCA celebrates the arrival of its new executive director, Gordon Peterson, with a reception from 5 to 7 p.m. at the facility’s historic Hanes house.
• The city of High Point hosts a public meeting to overview the draft updated development ordinance at the Roy B. Culler Senior Center, located at 600 N. Hamilton St, from 6 to 8 p.m. Read this article to understand why you might need to weigh in on this one.
• The Guilford County School Board holds a special called meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the media center at Andrews High School in High Point.