• The community housing & neighborhood development committee of High Point City Council meets in the 3rd Floor Lobby Conference Room, aka the Fishbowl, in City Hall, located at 211 S. Hamilton St., at 10 a.m. Topics of discussion include Meredith Street Apartments, the city’s rental inspection program, the Core City Mapping Project, and dog tethering.
• The Mayor’s Council for Persons With Disabilities meets at the NC Vocational Rehabilitation Office, located at 2201 Brewer Road in Winston-Salem, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.• Andy Brod, Joyce Johnson, the Rev. Beth McKee-Huger and Allison Riggs speak to the League of Women Voters of the Piedmont Triad during a luncheon in the Haywood Duke Room of Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, located at 607 N. Greene St. in Greensboro, at 11:45 p.m.
• Rafael Cruz, the father of Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz, speaks during a luncheon at the Lone Star Steakhouse, located at 1110 Creekshire Way in Winston-Salem, from noon to 2 p.m. Friend Pam Lofland on Facebook to RSVP.
• The finance committee of Winston-Salem City Council holds a budget workshop in Room 239 of City hall, located at 101 N. Main St., at 2 p.m.
• The community development/housing/general government committee of Winston-Salem City Council meets in Room 239 of City Hall at 4:30 p.m. Agenda here.
• The NC Board of Elections holds a public comment hearing on proposed rules for implementation of the 2016 voter photo ID requirements in the Multipurpose Room on the fourth floor of the Forsyth County Government Center, located at 201 N. Chestnut St. in Winston-Salem, from 5 to 7 p.m.
• The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School Board meets in the Auditorium of the Education Building, located at 4801 Bethania Station Road, at 5 p.m. Agenda here.
• The Winston-Salem Historic Resources Commission celebrates the release of Winston-Salem’s Architectural Heritage, a book by Heather Fearnbach, at Krankies Coffee, located at 211 E. 3rd St., at 6 p.m.
• The Guilford County School Board meets in the Board Room at the Administrative Building, located at 712 N. Eugene St. in Greensboro, at 6 p.m. Agenda here.
• The public works committee of Winston-Salem City Council reviews the proposed Business 40 Streetscape Design Plan when it meets in Room 239 of City Hall at 6 p.m.