• The Greensboro Solid Waste Commission meets at the Hugh Medford Service Center Training Room, located at 401 Patton Ave, at 3 p.m.
• The 2015 ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament begins at 1 p.m. at the Greensboro Coliseum. Our man Jeff Laughlin is on the scene to cover the action. Look for his rundown of the tournament in a week.
• The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School Board meets at the Education Building, located at 4801 Bethania Station Road, at 5 p.m. Agenda here.
• This just keeps getting postponed and postponed. Let’s try again: EthNosh’s next NoshUp lands at Ghassan’s, located at 2501 High Point Road in Greensboro. Come meet Greensboro’s most legendary Lebanese culinary family, the Fleihans, from 6 to 8 p.m.
• The Guilford County School Board meets in the Board Room of the Administrative Building, locatd at 712 N. Eugene St. in Greensboro, at 6 p.m. Agenda here.
• The High Point Planning & Zoning Commission will determine whether a proposal to rename Kivett Drive in honor of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. goes forward when it meets in council chambers of City Hall, located at 211 S. Hamilton St., at 6 p.m. City council voted to recommend the change, but the planning & zoning commission has the power to make it happen. If the commission finds merit in the recommendation, the next step will be a public hearing.
• Martin Short, the Canadian-American comedian, performs with the Winston-Salem Symphony at Reynolds Auditorium, located at 301 N. Hawthorne Road in Winston-Salem, at 7:30 p.m. For Brian Clarey, this is the epitome of high culture.