• High Point City Council holds a special meeting to develop a strategic plan and future priorities for city operations in the BB&T Executive Boardroom at the Plato S. Wilson School of Commerce on the campus of High Point University at 8 a.m.
• The High Point Transportation Advisory Committee meets at Parks & Recreation Administration, located at 136 Northpoint Ave., at 9 a.m.
• Triad Goodwill hosts a hiring fair at the ITT Technical Institute Campus Building, located at 4050 Piedmont Parkway, Suite 110 in High Point, at 10 a.m. The Budd Group is hiring for janitorial and landscaping openings, and ITT Technical Institute is hiring instructors, adjunct instructors and admissions representatives.
• The Forsyth County Board of Elections meets at 10:30 a.m. to count absentee ballots and provisional ballots for the final canvass of the March 15 primary election on the fourth four of the Forsyth County Government Center, located at 201. N Chestnut St. in Winston-Salem.
• John Blust, a member of the state House from Guilford County and a candidate for Congress in the new 13th Congressional District, speaks to the conservative lunch club at the Golden Corral at Hanes Mall in Winston-Salem at 12:15 p.m.
• The Piedmont Triad Airport Authority meets in the Stanley Frank Board Room at 6415 Airport Parkway in Greensboro at 2 p.m.
• MacArthur Fellow Sarah Deer speaks about Native American women and sexual violence in the Maple Room at Elliot University Center on the campus of UNCG from 4 to 5 p.m.
• The National Farm Worker Ministry and the Pilgrimage for Justice and Peace picket the Wendy’s restaurant at the corner of Gate City Boulevard and Aycock Street in support of the Coalition of Immokalee Farmworkers boycott to highlight efforts to improve tomato farm workers’ wages and working conditions. The picket takes place from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
• The community development/housing/general government committee of Winston-Salem City Council considers a request for financial assistance from Ujima CDC for construction of the Emmanuel Retirement Community when it meets in Room 239 of City Hall, located at 101 N. Main St., at 4:30 p.m.
• The public works committee of Winston-Salem City Council hears a presentation from the Downtown Winston-Salem Partnership on proposed improvements to the passageway between Cherry Street and Cherry Street when it meets in Room 239 of City Hall at 6 p.m.
• The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School Board meets in the auditorium of the Education Building, located at 4801 Bethania Station Road, at 5 p.m. The board goes into closed session at the beginning of the meeting, and the public portion of the meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. Agenda here.
• The High Point Planning & Zoning Commission meets in the council chamber at the Municipal Building, located at 211 S. Hamilton St., at 6 p.m.
• The Washington Street Neighborhood Association meets in the Community & Neighborhood Development Center, located at 201 Fourth St. in High Point, at 6 p.m.