• Local law enforcement agencies in Guilford County honor fallen officers with a brief ceremony at Governmental Plaza in Greensboro at 10 a.m. The ceremony includes an honor guard, a wreath-laying ceremony and 21-gun salute.
• The High Point Police Department holds its promotion and award ceremony in Council Chambers on the third floor of City Hall, located at 211 S. Hamilton St., at 2 p.m.
• Greensboro City Council meets in the Council Chamber at Melvin Municipal Office Building, located at 300 W. Washington St., at 4 p.m. Agenda here.
• The League of Women Voters of the Piedmont Triad holds it annual meeting in the Haywood Duke Room at Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, located at 607 N. Greene St. in Greensboro, at 5:30 p.m. Contact Sara White at [email protected] or 336/294-6156 to register.
• The Pershing Street Community Watch meets at Full Gospel Ministry, located at 1107 Lake Ave. in High Point, at 6 p.m.
• Winston-Salem professional foodie Nikki Miller-Ka hosts an evening with Simon Majumdar, best known for his appearances on the Food Network’s “The Next Iron Chef,” “Iron Chef America” and as a judge on “Cutthroat Kitchen,” at Foothills Brewing in Winston-Salem. Contact Nikki on Facebook for ticket prices and other details.