• Wake Forest University hosts a 12-hour vigil for the victims of recent violence in Paris and Beirut at Hearn Plaza from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Whole Foods Market, located at 3202 W. Friendly Ave. in Greensboro, launched an organic food drive, at 8 a.m.
• The Winston-Salem Public Facilities Commission meets at the Benton Convention Center, located at 301 W. Fifth St., at noon.
• Forsyth County District Attorney Jim O’Neill talks about his candidacy for state Attorney General when he addresses the conservative lunch club at the Golden Corral at Hanes Mall in Winston-Salem at 12:45 p.m.
• High Point City Manager Greg Demko holds a briefing for city council in the 3rd Floor Lobby Conference Room at the Municipal Office Building, located at 211 S. Hamilton St., at 3 p.m.
• High Point City Council meets in the Council Chamber at the Municipal Building, located at 211 S. Hamilton St., at 5:30 p.m. Agenda here.
• The Guilford County Democratic Party meets at Scuppernong Books in Greensboro to discuss volunteer opportunities at 5:30 p.m.
• The Greensboro Zoning Commission meets at Council Chamber at Melvin Municipal Office Building, located at 300 W. Washington St., from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
• Winston-Salem City Council meets in the Council Chamber at City Hall, located at 101 N. Main St., at 7 p.m. Agenda here.
• The American Friends Service Committee co-sponsors a panel discussion on the theme of “Is Another World Possible?” in Joseph Bryan Jr. Auditorium on the campus of Guilford College in Greensboro at 7:45 p.m. Panelists include Green Party presidential candidate Dr. Jill Stein; John Heuer, a national board member of Veterans For Peace; Dr. Jonathan Kotch of Healthcare for All NC; and Tony Ndege of Hands-Up Winston-Salem and Occupy.
• After speaking at Guilford College, Green Party presidential candidate Dr. Jill Stein holds a fundraiser at Taqueria El Azteca in Greensboro from 9:15 to 10:30 p.m.