• The Rich Fork Preserve Committee meets at the High Point Museum, located at 1859 E. Lexington Ave., at 1:30 p.m.
• The Greensboro Board of Adjustment meets in the council chamber at Melvin Municipal Office Building, located at 300 W. Washington St., from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
• FaithAction International House rebukes Gov. Pat McCrory’s effort to prevent resettlement of Syrian refugees in North Carolina with a multicultural Thanksgiving at Mullin Life Center at First Presbyterian Church, located at 706 N. Greene St. in Greensboro, at 6 p.m. Bring a covered dish representing your culture or ancestry to share and canned food or diapers to support and international food pantry. FaithAction and other cosponsors, including Church Worlds Services, Islamic Center of Greensboro and the North Carolina Justice Center hold a press conference to underscore their commitment to welcome immigrants and refugees in North Carolina.
• The High Point Citizen Advisory Committee meets at Morehead Recreation Center, located at 101 Price St., at 6 p.m.
• Greensboro Participatory Budgeting hosts a neighborhood assembly at Windsor Recreation Center, located at 1601 E. Gate City Boulevard, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Backstory here.