Greensboro’s loose leaf collection program begins today, and runs through Jan. 22.
• US Rep. Alma Adams holds a press conference to announce new legislation to assist veterans at 1600 E. Wendover Ave., Suite I in Greensboro, at 10 a.m.
• Forsyth County Commissioners Gloria Whisenhunt and Richard Linville speak to the conservative lunch club at the Golden Corral at Hanes Mall in Winston-Salem at 12:15 p.m. They’re both Republicans, and more significantly, conservatives.
• The Winston-Salem MWBE Citizen Advisory Committee meets in the Public Works Room at City Hall, located at 101 N. Main St., at 4 p.m.
• The finance committee of Winston-Salem City Council considers a request for financial assistance to support the redevelopment of the Pepper Building when it meets in Room 239 at City Hall, located at 101 N. Main St., at 4:30 p.m.
• The general government committee of Greensboro City Council meets in Council Chamber at Melvin Municipal Office Building, located at 300 W. Washington St., at 4:30 p.m. Agenda here.
• The public safety committee of Greensboro City Council meets in Council Chamber at Melvin Municipal Office Building at 5:30 p.m. Agenda here.
• The High Point Parks & Recreation Commission meets in the Parks & Rec. Administration Office, located at 136 Northpoint Ave., at 5:30 p.m.
• The Forsyth County Commission meets in the County Commissioners Meeting Room on the fifth floor of the Forsyth County Government Center, located at 201 N. Chestnut St. in Winston-Salem, at 6 p.m. Agenda here.
• US Rep. Alma Adams holds a veterans town hall meeting at New Light Missionary Baptist Church, located at 1105 Willow Road in Greensboro, at 6:30 p.m.
• A neighborhood assembly for Greensboro Participatory Budgeting takes place in the Nussbaum Room at Central Library, located at 219 N. Church St., from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.