• The community housing & neighborhood development committee of High Point City Council discusses potential modifications to the Core City Homebuyers Assistance Program in the 3rd Floor Lobby Conference Room in the Municipal Building, located at 211 S. Hamilton St., at 10 a.m.
• The Winston-Salem Mayors Council for Persons With Disabilities meets at the Adaptables Center for Independent Living, located at 3908 Westpoint Boulevard, Suite B, at 11:30 a.m.
• The board of directors of the Housing Authority of Winston-Salem meets at 500 W. Fourth St. at noon.
• Gov. Pat McCrory appears at the International Home Furnishings Center, located at 239 S. Wrenn St. in High Point, to make an economic development announcement at 2 p.m.
• The infrastructure committee of Greensboro City Council meets in Council Chamber in the Melvin Municipal Office Building, located at 300 W. Washington St., at 4:30 p.m. Agenda here.
• The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School Board meets in the auditorium of the Education Building, located at 475 Corporate Square Drive, at 6 p.m. Agenda here.
• The city of Winston-Salem hosts a public input meeting for renovations to Miller Park at Miller Park Recreation Center, located at 400 Leisure Lane in Winston-Salem, from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
• The community services committee of Greensboro City Council meets in Council Chamber in the Melvin Municipal Office Building, located at 300 W. Washington St., at 6 p.m. Agenda here.
• The Macedonia Neighborhood Association meets at Macedonia Family Resource Center, located at 410 Lake Ave. in High Point, at 6 p.m.
• The Guilford County Parks and Recreation Committee meets the Old County Courthouse, located at 301 W. Market St. in Greensboro, at 6:30 p.m.
• The Highland Mills Neighborhood Association meets at Highland United Methodist Church, located at 1013 Mill Ave. in High Point, at 7 p.m.
• The Young Democrats of Guilford County hosts a watch party for the first Democratic presidential debate at Stumble Stilskins, located at 202 W. Market St. in Greensboro, at 7:30 p.m.
• Matty Sheets celebrates the 13th year of hosting open mic in Greensboro, and his second year hosting open mic at New York Pizza. Sign up at 9:30 p.m. Showtime at 10.