• US Rep. Alma Adams meets with small business owners who have served in the armed forces at 1600 E. Wendover Ave. Suite 1 in Greensboro, at 10 a.m.
• The Winston-Salem Public Facilities Commission meets at Benton Convention Center, located at 301 W. Fifth St., at noon.
• Greensboro City Council meets in Council Chamber at Melvin Municipal Office Building, located at 300 W. Washington St., at 4 p.m. to go into closed session. Regular business commences when the council comes out of closed session. Agenda here.
• The finance committee of Winston-Salem City Council considers a request for $3 million from Wake Forest Innovation Quarter and Wexford for redevelopment of the Bailey Power Plant and discusses the renovation of Business 40 when it meets in Room 239 of City Hall, located at 101 N. Main St., at 4:30 p.m.
• The Greensboro Zoning Commission meets in Council Chamber at Melvin Municipal Office Building from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
• The public safety committee of Winston-Salem City Council meets in Room 239 of City Hall at 6 p.m.
• The Greensboro Neighborhood Congress hosts a forum for district candidates in the Greensboro municipal election in the Nussbaum Room of the Central Library, located at 219 N. Church St., from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• The Renaissance Community Co-op holds an owners meeting at Khalif Event Center, located at 2000 E. Wendover Ave. in Greensboro, at 6:30 p.m.
• Former North Carolina Poet Laureate Kathryn Stripling Byer reads from her work at Greensboro Central Library at 6:30 p.m.