• Greensboro City Council holds a work session in the ACC Hall of Champions Board Room at the coliseum complex at 11 a.m.
• High Point City Council meets in closed session to conduct City Clerk Lisa Vierling’s evaluation at 3:30 p.m. They’ll need to be done in an hour because the regular committee of the whole meeting of the finance committee takes place at 4:30 p.m. in the city manager’s conference room. Unlike the clerk’s evaluation, the finance committee meeting is open to the public. Come early because seating is limited. Read on for information about the official city council meeting.
• High Point City Council meets officially in council chambers in the Municipal Building, located at 211 S. Hamilton St., at 5:30 p.m. The agenda includes consideration of a $438,327 contract for streetscaping on Washington Street and public comment period.
• Winston-Salem City Council meets in the council chamber at City Hall, located at 101 N. Main St., at 7 p.m. The agenda is stacked with rezoning requests and consideration of the South Central Area Winston-Salem Plan Update.
• The Crown at the Carolina Theatre switches from Hitchcock to classic horror, with a screening of The Phantom of the Opera, with introductory remarks by film critic Budd Wilkins. The show begins at 7 p.m.