• Bethany Medical Center breaks ground at 1580 Skeet Club Road in High Point at 11 a.m.
• The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School Board holds a briefing session to discuss a possible bond referendum in 2016. The briefing takes place at 4:30 p.m. in Room 384 on the third floor of the Administrative Center, located at 475 Corporate Square Drive in Winston-Salem.
• Members of Greensboro City Council meet UNCG Chancellor Franklin D. Gilliam in the Plaza Level Conference Room at Melvin Municipal Office Building, located at 300 W. Washington St., at 4:30 p.m.
• Greensboro City Council meets in Council Chambers at Melvin Municipal Office Building, located at 300 W. Washington St., at 5:30 p.m. Agenda here.
• Author and educational consultant Lynette Tannis speaks about how the United States can improve education for incarcerated youth in Room 109 of Proctor Hall West on the campus of Greensboro College at 7 p.m.