• Supporters of Tawana Sampson, who was allegedly assaulted by a Guilford County sheriff’s deputy, plan to be in court to support her in her civil suit against the officer. The Facebook invitation instructs supporters to come to Courtroom 3G at the Guilford County Courthouse at 10 a.m.
• City Project meets at the High Point Chamber of Commerce, located at 1634 N. Main St., at 1:30 p.m.
• Police Chief Marty Sumner briefs High Point City Council on crime statistics for fiscal year 2014-2015 in the 3rd Floor Lobby Conference Room in the Municipal Building, located at 211 S. Hamilton St., at 4 p.m.
• The general government committee of Greensboro City Council meets in the council chamber at Melvin Municipal Office Building, located at 300 W. Washington St., at 4:30 p.m. Agenda here.
• The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School Board meets in the auditorium of the Education Building, located at 4801 Bethania Station, to discuss the naming of Speas Elementary, among other topics. The meeting begins with closed session at 5:30 p.m., and then moves into open session at 6:30 p.m. Agenda here. Come early for the finance committee meeting at 4 p.m. and the building and grounds committee meeting at 4:30 p.m.
• High Point City Council considers building revitalization and demolition grant guidelines when it meets in Council Chambers at the Municipal Building, located at 211 S. Hamilton St., at 5:30 p.m.
• The Guilford County School Board meets in the Board Room of the Administrative Building, located at 712 N. Eugene St. in Greensboro, at 6 p.m.
• The public safety committee of Greensboro City Council meets in the council chamber at Melvin Municipal Office Building, located at 300 W. Washington St., at 6 p.m. Agenda here.
• The Macedonia Neighborhood Association meets at the Macedonia Family Resource Center, located at 401 Lake Ave. in High Point, at 6 p.m.
• Winston-Salem City Council considers a rezoning requests and appointments when it meets at City Hall, located at 101 N. Main St., at 7 p.m.
• The Highland Mills Neighborhood Association meets at Highland United Methodist Church, located at 1013 Mill Ave. in High Point, at 7 p.m.
• Matty Sheets hosts open mic at New York Pizza at 9:30 p.m.