Voters in more than a dozen states go to the polls, in what is the most important day in the primary election calendar (North Carolina’s primary falls on March 15). The polling will determine whether Donald Trump locks up the Republican nomination and whether Hillary Clinton builds an insurmountable lead over Bernie Sanders in the Democratic primary. Hold your breath.
• Students, professors and staff at UNCG and NC A&T University in Greensboro hold a walkout to protest Margaret Spellings’ appointment as UNC System President at 11 a.m. UNCG students assemble at Elliott University Center.
• Greensboro City Council meets in council chambers at Melvin Municipal Office Building, located at 300 W. Washington St. at 300 W. Washington St., at 4:30 p.m. and immediately goes into closed session. The public portion of the building begins at 5:30 p.m. Agenda here.
• Ethnosh spotlights Captain Chen’s Gourmet China, located 3709-E Battleground Ave. in Greensboro, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Purchase tickets at ethnosh.events/GSOGourmetChina.
• The West End Neighborhood Association meets at West End Ministries Community Center, located at 903 English Road in High Point, at 6 p.m.
• Photographer Endia Beal gives a talk about her solo exhibit, Am I What You’re Looking For, at the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Matty Sheets host open mic at New York Pizza, starting at 9:30 p.m.