If this were Panem, we would be District 12, the hungriest area in the whole Hunger Games universe — that is, if you don’t count District 13, which was wiped off the map for rebellion… or was it?
Will a champion shall arise, Katniss-like, from our ranks who will change the fate of the Triad? I’d settle for enough food for all of our people, and maybe a dim-sum restaurant.
Either way, The Hunger Games goes down for free in Center City Park tonight at sunset.
- Ignite High Point and City Project bring a taste of New Orleans via Asheville with the Empire Strikes Brass, a 10-piece brass band that morphs from a second line to a dance set. Action begins at 7 p.m. at the High Point Depot. (HP)
- Ironically, The Hunger Games is playing after dusk at Center City Park tonight as [art of the Center City Cinema Series
- Glow in the Park, starting at the Greensboro Arboretum after dark, is a run/walk event like no other — because it’s at night, and people will be glowing in the dark. There’s word of foam, too. (GSO)
- The Pig Pounder Race the Bar 5K is also like no other, because beer. It kicks off at Pig Pounder, Marty Kotis’ brewpub at 4 p.m., with live music by Neil Cribbs afterwards. Register on-site or at pigpounder.com. (GSO)
- Not much info comes across on the Facebook event page for this show at the Luna Lounge other than the news that “Tetragrammaton & Spirit System will read your cards and tell your future.” Whatever it is, it starts at the tiki bar at 10 p.m. (W-S)
- The goal of the Wheels4Hope Memorial Day Bike Ride is to provide veterans with cars, and the fundraiser begins at 8:30 a.m. at Westminster Presbyterian Church. Rides of 6, 13, 34 and 64 miles run all day, with a lunch of wings at noon. See wheels4hope.org/bikeride for more. (GSO)