Join us for this special, late-breaking edition of the Weekender, your curated events calendar for the NC Piedmont Triad.
- Garth Brooks winds up his historic five-night stand at the Greensboro Coliseum this weekend with shows through Sunday. Friends in low places, indeed. (GSO)
- The Drama Center Livestock Players enact Bonnie and Clyde the Musical, the Tony Award-winning story of American’s favorite gangster couple, Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow, in musical form at the CityArts Drama Center. (GSO)
- The Junior League of Winston-Salem holds a weekend of shopping and pre-holiday reverie with the Boutique market on Friday and Saturday at the Benton Convention Center, as well as Bubbles, Baubles, Bags and Sweet Bites, a “girls’ night out,” on Friday evening. (W-S)
- Reanimator gets into the cross-pollenization thing with a show featuring two Greensboro acts: Faster Detail, billed as “Greensboro’s best-kept secret,” and Three-Brained Robot, who plays with one caveat: “I’ll put on a great show as long as there aren’t any half ass Halloween decorations up, ANTHONY!” (W-S)
- Natty Greene’s pulls out the stops for an oyster roast on the streets of downtown Greensboro with live music, games and prizes and a feast os sausages and oysters, which should really get things going. Entry is free, buy tickets for food. Kickoff is at 11 a.m. (GSO)
- The Vagabond Saints take on the forgotten music of the early ’80s with a tribute to Squeeze, which can be about as gratifying as pulling mussels from the shell. Still, this one should be cool for cats. The evening begins at the Garage with a pop-music quiz at 9 p.m. (W-S)