We’ve been sending the Weekender out for 85 weeks now, and by our calculations our list has grown to about 1,500 active and engaged people of the Triad. Not too shabby, but we’re looking to beef up those numbers.
It’s so we can sell an ad on the page, by the way. Transparency.
So we’re asking casual readers of the Weekender, our weekly curated events calendar, to sign up for home delivery here. And if you’re already a subscriber, please forward this list to your friends and hassle them until they sign up, too.
The Weekender follows
- Artist lecture @ Weatherspoon Art Museum (GSO), 6 p.m.
Peter Campus makes video and new media art. His most recent works, now on display at the ‘Spoon, focus on the history of painting. More information at weatherspoon.uncg.edu.
- Telluride Mountainfilm on Tour @ High Point Theatre (HP), 7 p.m.
The Telluride Moutainfilm festival is on tour and stopping by the High Point Theatre to immerse viewers in a world of adventure. Skateboarding girls, a father-and-son white-water-rafting journey and a trip down the Colorado River are just some of the documentary themes.
- Tackling the Stigma @ Aycock Auditorium, UNCG (GSO), 7 p.m.
Former NFL linebacker Keith O’Neil talks about his failures and success while living with bipolar disorder. The event is aimed at educating the public on mental health services in Greensboro.
- Shelby Stephenson lecture @ Forsyth Tech (W-S), 11 a.m.
North Carolina Poet Laureate Shelby Stephenson is offering a public lecture. Themes throughout his career involve growing up in Benson and the natural beauty of our state.
- Art Lives Here silent auction fundraiser @ Revolution Mill Gallery (GSO), 6 p.m.
The silent auction is hosted by Hirsch Wellness Network, which gives 100 percent of its proceeds towards free creative programs supporting emotional needs of cancer survivors and their caretakers. There will be live music and food at Revolution Mill.
- Cold Salem 3: Halloween Art Show! @ Reanimator Records (W-S), 6:30 p.m.
Reanimator’s Halloween community art show is taking off with two live bands and lots of energy. Join the third annual Halloween Art Show by finding the page on Facebook.
- Second Saturdays @ 205 Collaborative Art Studios and Gallery (GSO), 10 a.m.
Learn how to make knifes, charcoal and turn wood at this Second Saturday event, bu the 205 Collaborative.
- Unity Festival @ Washington Street (HP), noon
The Washington Street Business Association is getting businesses and professional people to make the Washington Street District a better place. They’ll have kid-zones, music and food trucks.
- Twelfth Night Through the Park(ing Lot) @ High Point Public Library (HP), 5:30 p.m.
Travel through a dynamic performance of Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night in British Rocker fashion. Music that mixes the Rolling Stones with Shakespeare will be the soundtrack in this is moving version of an English classic.
- Second Sundays on Fourth @ Fourth Street (W-S), 3 p.m.
Making Movies is the headliner of this installment of the recurring Fourth Street
music festival. Join them for the last Second Sunday event of 2015.
- Triad Orchid Society’s Orchid Auction @ Greensboro Science Center (GSO), 1 p.m.
Get your hands on the most rare orchids and learn how to care for them, too. The event will raise money for monthly speakers for the Triad Orchid Society.
- Spontaneous Combustion @ Home Moravian Church (W-S), 2 p.m.
Jazz and classical music collide in the best way at the Home Moravian Church. Get ready for music by Vivaldi, Bach, Beethoven and all the classics with a jazz-infusion.