Sometimes they leave for love. Sometimes they leave for opportunity. Sometimes they leave because they want better restaurants, better dating prospects, a better music scene. In this week’s cover story, the editorial staff of Triad City Beat tracks some of the artists, activists, curators and musicians who have matriculated out of Greensboro and Winston-Salem into the greener pastures of Brooklyn, Austin and Philadelphia.
• High Point Journal: Overhaul of Washington Street underway
• Editorial: Strange brews
• It Just Might Work: More dog parks in Greensboro
• Fresh Eyes: Letting go of the lunch counter
• Editor’s Notebook: A free refill on the café au lait
• Exile on Jones Street: HBD TCB! (Now get back to work)
• Citizen Green: When political expediency trumps children
• Good Sport: Preaching the gospel of ball at Guilford College
• All She Wrote: Ballers
• Barstool: Vin205 & Wine Merchants Gourmet
• Stage & Screen: That’ll do Piglet: Local talent films an honest effort
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to the stories in that week’s paper. Get it delivered to your inbox by clicking here.
Join the First Amendment Society, a membership that goes directly to funding TCB‘s newsroom.
We believe that reporting can save the world.
The TCB First Amendment Society recognizes the vital role of a free, unfettered press with a bundling of local experiences designed to build community, and unique engagements with our newsroom that will help you understand, and shape, local journalism’s critical role in uplifting the people in our cities.
All revenue goes directly into the newsroom as reporters’ salaries and freelance commissions.