It’s not safe to go back out on the water! It’s the 44th Anniversary of the Iconic movie and it’s a free screening at bailey park, I think we are going to need a bigger boat
- Whitetop Mountain Band @ Centennial Station (HP), 7 p.m.
The Whitetop mountain band is a nationally known bluegrass band from Whitetop, Va. The band has performed at the Smithsonian Folklife Festival and Merlefest just to name a few. For additional information, visit highpointsarts.org.
- Swerve meet-up @ Center for Design Innovation (W-S), 11:30 a.m.
Swerve is a creative group that brings together business professionals for informative meet-ups in order to improve business strategies and networks. Additional information can be found at centerforcreativeeconomy.com.
- Chamber music @ Steinway Piano Gallery (GSO), 7 p.m.
Chamber music from Annie Brooks on the Steinway, Anna Cromwell (violin), Lisa Nelson (viola) and Mira Frisch (cello) highlight this event. For more information, visit steinwaypgg.com.
- Jaws @ Bailey Park (W-S), 7:30 p.m. Bailey Park hosts a free screening of Jaws with pre-show entertainment including a photo booth. The event includes two food trucks — Food Freaks of NC and Zeko’s 2 Go, as well as beer and wine. For more info, visit the Facebook event page.
- Producer battle and concert @ Greene Street Nightclub (GSO), 8 p.m.
The event features 16 hip-hop producers competing for a chance to take home the championship plaque and $300. Performers from independent North Carolina hip-hop artists before the competition. Additional information can be found on the Facebook event page
- Green Acres Gala @ Greensboro Children’s Museum (GSO), 7 p.m.
This event includes craft beer, wine and cocktails as well as live music from Jazz Revolution and a mobile auction. The event is adults only and casual summer attire is permitted. All proceeds benefit the Greensboro Children’s Museum. For more information, visit gcmuseum.com
- Art on Paper 2017: @ Weatherspoon Art Museum (GSO) 1 p.m.
This event celebrates contemporary art, with most of the pieces using paper as a medium. The collection includes art from the nationally recognized Dillard Collection and containing 600 hundred pieces of art from numerous artists. For additional information visit weatherspoon.uncg.edu.