As this month comes to a close, lets take time to remember those who served this country and gave all.
“We owe this freedom of choice and action to those men and women in uniform who have served this nation and its interests in time of need. In particular, we are forever indebted to those who have given their lives that we might be free.” — Ronald Reagan
- ‘What’s your big idea for Greensboro?’ @ Greenhill (GSO), 5:30 p.m. Participate in a brainstorming session with the Greensboro Participatory Budgeting Project. City residents will be able to directly decide how a portion of the city budget will be used. Light Refreshments will be served. Additional information can be found, on the Facebook event page.
- Thursday night cocktails & jazz @ O. Henry Hotel (GSO), 5:30 p.m. This jazz series event features Dave Fox (piano), Neill Clegg (saxophone, clarinet and flute) and Matt Kendrick (double bass).
- In Pursuit of Justice @ Ovation Sound (W-S), 6 p.m. The screening of the criminal justice documentary about wrongfully convicted Greg Taylor who served 17 years in prison for a crime that he did not commit. This film takes a look at the justice system in North Carolina. There will be a brief reception 6 p.m. with the film beginning at 7p.m. The screening is followed with Q&A with the film’s producers. For more information, visit inpursuitofjusticefilm.com.
- Dimensions fine art exhibit/competition @ Milton Rhodes Arts Center (W-S), 9 a.m. Professional sculptor Hanna Jubran judges an annual art exhibit and competition, which includes two- and three-dimensional fine art from 42 artists. The exhibit encompasses a wide range of art styles and subject matter. For more information, visit associatedartists.org.
- Taste of Art: Making cutting boards @ Sawtooth School for Visual Art (W-S), 6 p.m.
Participants craft their own personalized piece of wood art. A variety of hardwoods will be available to work with, and all tools and materials will be provided. For more information, visit sawtooth.org.
- Space Cadet Orchestra @ Test Pattern (W-S), 9 p.m. This event features a live performance by a small orchestral ensemble based out Winston-Salem with influences from a wide variety of musical genres. For more information, visit the Facebook event page.