Sweet smoky goodness is on the menu this weekend for the kick-off of the Annual Twin City Ribfest.
- Twin City Ribfest @ Winston-Salem Fairgrounds (W-S), 11 a.m.
The kickoff of the 13th annual Twin city Ribfest begins with food vendors from all over the country and live music from a variety musical artists.
- Metropolis & The Red Violin @ Stevens Center (W-S), 7:30 p.m. This event features a presentation of the music from Fritz Lang’s film Metropolis composed by Thomas Miller. Bryan Hall will also perform “Chaconne” from The Red Violin by John Corigliano.
- The Baker & the Barmaid @ Edible Schoolyard (GSO), 7 p.m. Participants receive hands-on instruction by Ari Berenbaum (master baker) and Jessica Stallings (mixologist) on how to prepare handmade cocktails and bakery items. Food and drinks will be provided.
- Baskerville: A Sherlock Holmes @ Hanesbrands Theatre (W-S), 7:30 p.m.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s classic story comes to life as five actors play more than 40 characters in this timeless mischievous comedy thriller.
- Influence art exhibit @ Green Hill (GSO), noon
This annual art collaboration features work from 18 influential instructors highlighting their styles and expertise in a wide variety of mediums.
- First Friday @ downtown (GSO, W-S), 6 p.m.
The Triad’s bigger cities celebrate the beginning of June with a night of art, music, entertainment and delicious food. For more information visit, firstfridaygreensboro.org & visitwinstonsalem.com.
- North Carolina wine celebration @ downtown Winston-Salem (W-S), noon
The 12th annual North Carolina wine celebration pours wines from a variety of North Carolina vineyards and offers live music and food.