I left the house on this beautiful Thursday a couple times: once for a run on the greenway, which jostled my old bones, and another to come to my office where I am now. I had planned on getting some stuff form the vending machine, but I forgot my wallet, and all I have are a couple twenties in my pocket.
I suck at leaving the house now. But I’m trying again tomorrow.
In TCB this week
It’s our seventh anniversary!
Here’s a couple pieces about local artists doing big things after they left: an actor from Winston-Salem playing a demonslayer on a Netflix show, and my old friend Afika Nxumalo, who has a big, new song in a big, new movie.
- 3,351 new cases in North Carolina today and I feel like a fool, like I’ve put too much faith in the wrong people, like people really don’t understand what’s at stake. And 63 new deaths (11,137). But then….
- Hospitalizations drop below 1,500 though!
- Positive test rate 4.5 percent!
- 7.2 percent of the population has been fully vaccinated!
- Guilford adds 121. Five new deaths (518); 2,266 active cases.
- Forsyth adds 143. Five new deaths (345).
I’m tired and I don’t want to get into a whole thing. So here’s a classically trained flautist listening to Jethro Tull for the first time.
- How you gonna say no to a little Van Gogh? Here’s “Bouquet of Flowers in a Vase,” from 1890. Thanks to the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s public-domain collection.
- If you’d like to help Triad City Beat, please consider becoming a supporter. You could also give us a like on Facebook and share our stories on Twitter.
Join the First Amendment Society, a membership that goes directly to funding TCB‘s newsroom.
We believe that reporting can save the world.
The TCB First Amendment Society recognizes the vital role of a free, unfettered press with a bundling of local experiences designed to build community, and unique engagements with our newsroom that will help you understand, and shape, local journalism’s critical role in uplifting the people in our cities.
All revenue goes directly into the newsroom as reporters’ salaries and freelance commissions.