Spent the day driving to Boone and back to drop a kid off at college, and I’m doing the same exact thing tomorrow. So thew only thing I’ve plucked out of the news cycle is this tweet:
Yeah, man. Shit is off the rails. Meanwhile I picked up some memestock myself today, because why the hell not?
- Another upwards tick in North Carolina: 6,490 today, 739,500 total, with 131 new deaths (9,046).
- If they’re only going to update the county alert system once a month, what’s the point?
- Best news of the year so far: a positive test rate of 7.9. Big drop.
- 624 new cases in Guilford County. What the hell, man? 32,242 total.
- 19 deaths today. Also, what the hell, man? 374 total.
- 5,174 active cases
- 258 new ones in Forsyth (27,250). 276 deaths (+0).
- Latest recovery numbers are five days old. I won’t insult you by reprinting them here.
MrBeast probably should have studied this 1986 classic, Hamburger: The Motion Picture, before hanging out his digital shingle. I forgot all about this movie until today. Very typical ’80s fare: stupid jokes, contrived plot, gratuitous nudity. What’s not to love?
- Tonight we’ve got “The Weeders,” from the Frenchman Jules Breton in 1868. It’s a scene of peasants at twilight, “their faces haloed by the pink transparency of their violet hoods, as if to venerate a fecundating star,” in the artist’s words. Thanks to the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s public-domain collection.
- If you’d like to help Triad City Beat, please consider becoming a supporter. You could also give us a like on Facebook and share our stories on Twitter.
Join the First Amendment Society, a membership that goes directly to funding TCB‘s newsroom.
We believe that reporting can save the world.
The TCB First Amendment Society recognizes the vital role of a free, unfettered press with a bundling of local experiences designed to build community, and unique engagements with our newsroom that will help you understand, and shape, local journalism’s critical role in uplifting the people in our cities.
All revenue goes directly into the newsroom as reporters’ salaries and freelance commissions.