Were you out there today? Did you feel it? The warm sun? The balmy air? Did you open your car windows? Linger awhile after lunch? wear one fewer layer of clothing to celebrate the first flushes of spring?
Like the song says, spring is coming. It’s pretty much here.
Some of the protesters arrested in Alamance County aree having their day in court.
The Center for Visual Artists has a new exhibit, with soul.
The Growdega mobile food pantry is cruising High Point’s food deserts.
The Japanese practice of forest-bathing is catching on in the Triad.
Everybody loves the Greensboro Urban Loop.
- Two days of growth in NC’s new case count: 2,502 today, 2,145 yesterday; 11,399 deaths.
- Hospitalizations declining steadily: 1,290 right now.
- 4.2 percent positive-test rate! Quite good.
- 8.7 percent of the state has been fully vaccinated (913,296).
- Guilford County is not really slowing down. 132 new cases today.
- Forsyth County adds 81.
I can’t believe this movie is on YouTube: Hot Stuff, from 1979, starring Dom DeLuise, Suzanne Pleshette, Jerry Reed and the guy from “The Electric Company” (which I will drop here soon). I saw this in a drive-in with my parents when I was 9 years old.
- I’m going on an overnight with my wife this weekend, so “Young Man and Woman in an Inn” by Frans Hals, 1623, is dedicated to her.Thanks to the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s public-domain collection.
- If you’d like to help Triad City Beat, please consider becoming a supporter. You could also give us a like on Facebook and share our stories on Twitter.
Join the First Amendment Society, a membership that goes directly to funding TCB‘s newsroom.
We believe that reporting can save the world.
The TCB First Amendment Society recognizes the vital role of a free, unfettered press with a bundling of local experiences designed to build community, and unique engagements with our newsroom that will help you understand, and shape, local journalism’s critical role in uplifting the people in our cities.
All revenue goes directly into the newsroom as reporters’ salaries and freelance commissions.