Revenge of the Post Office
Today Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, of Greensboro, declared that the enterprise under his charge would henceforth refrain from removing sorting machines form busy branches, removing public mail drops, cutting carrier hours and all of the other things that made it look like he was trying to help Trump ratfck this election.
He’s scheduled to testify before the Senate on Friday.
- 1,236 new cases in North Carolina makes 146,779 total. 2,385 deaths.
- Guilford County stands at 5,975. One new death (154)
- Forsyth County has 40 new cases (5,601) and four new deaths (60).
There have been a lot of Batmans — Batmen? — on both the large and small screen, each bearing the imprimatur of its creator. Tim Burton’s atman was gothic and dark. The 1966 TV show was campy and silly. This 15-chapter serial from 1949 falls somewhere in between. “Batman and Robin” was a sequel to a 1943 serial simply called “Batman,” which I will no doubt link to in this space soon.
- Tonight’s featured image is “A Woman Seated Beside a Vase of Flowers,” bu Edgar Degas, 1865. Taken from the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s public-domain collection.
- If you’d like to help Triad City Beat, please consider becoming a supporter. You could also give us a like on Facebook and share our stories on Twitter.
Join the First Amendment Society, a membership that goes directly to funding TCB‘s newsroom.
We believe that reporting can save the world.
The TCB First Amendment Society recognizes the vital role of a free, unfettered press with a bundling of local experiences designed to build community, and unique engagements with our newsroom that will help you understand, and shape, local journalism’s critical role in uplifting the people in our cities.
All revenue goes directly into the newsroom as reporters’ salaries and freelance commissions.