The last Tuesday
It’s a couple days before Thanksgiving and I’m ready to punch out for a few days, but I have a few moments to take a look at the numbers and drop some news.
- We broke a big story about Preston Lane of Triad Stage, who resigned amid (amidst?) allegations of sexual assault. And now there’s more to the story from UNCG.
- People are still being evicted in Forsyth County.
- The NC Senate seat up for grabs in 2022 has already attracted a slate of losers.
- Getting harder and harder to find a coronavirus test.
- 3,100 in NC today. 323,751 all told, 5,074 dead (1.57 percent).
- 1,724 hospitalized, a new high.
- 6.5 percent positive test rate.
- Forsyth County adds 145 new ones for 12,394. 10,033 have recovered and 158 (+1) have died. 2,203 active cases.
- Guilford County has 104 more today, for 14,416. 12,923 recoveries and 225 deaths (+6). 1,267 active cases, 151 of them hospitalized.
I’m in the South Carolina lowlands right now, amidst (amid?) live oaks and Spanish moss, the smell of the water in the air. This is Pat Conroy territory, but most of his movies are not free on YouTube. But this one is! The Water is Wide is Conroy’s memoir from his days as a teacher of underprivileged youth. He was awesome, and this is worth a watch.
- For tonight’s featured image, we’ve got “The Sea,” from Gustav Courbet, 1865-ish. Taken from the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s public-domain collection.
- If you’d like to help Triad City Beat, please consider becoming a supporter. You could also give us a like on Facebook and share our stories on Twitter.