I’m writing this the night before, and though school has not yet been called for tomorrow I’m reasonably certain we’ll be looking at a three-hour delay at the very least.
That means that if you have kids, you’ll be looking at them until just before lunch, and you may ahve to entertain the little buggers all day.
Are you sure you want to leave the house ? In this weather? Well, then, if you must.
- The big show is at the Greensboro Coliseum, where the ACC Women’s Basketball Tournament begins Day 2 at 11 a.m. As of last night, play was to go on as scheduled with NC State vs Syracuse.
- The Hemphill Branch Library in Greensboro has its weekly painting class, Studio Plus Painting, promising “a variety of painting techniques.” The action begins at 3 p.m.
- The newest exhibit at SciWorks in Winston-Salem is Strange Matter: “With dynamic, hands-on exhibits, families can explore the unusual properties of everything from basketball backboards and cell phones to antennas, DVD players, and golf clubs — and get a glimpse into where the future of materials research might take us.”
- If you get to the Greensboro Science Center by 10 a.m., you can catch a penguin feeding.
- If your kids are to cool for that kind of thing, take them to the Tattoo Archive in downtown Winston-Salem to check out Decoding “The Tattoist”, an exploration of the famous Normal Rockwell Saturday Evening Post cover, which ran in 1944.
Or you can stay at home and make soup your call.
Let’s hope the mess clears up before First Friday tonight.