Ryan Snyder catches up with Rhiannon Giddens, an interpreter of traditional folk music from Greensboro, whose career is rapidly taking off with a new solo album and a transformative experience rewriting tackling material from Bob Dylan’s Basement Tape sessions in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• High Point Journal: Study finds promising conditions for High Point greenway
• Editorial: The last laugh
• It Just Might Work: Inverted totalitarianism
• Fresh Eyes: On coming home
• Editor’s Notebook: Generational wisdom
• Citizen Green: Queering the Triad
• Good Sport: The most dangerous game
• All She Wrote: Blonde like me
• Food: New delights at an old haunt
• Barstool: NC Beer Month
• Art: Painting big
• Stage & Screen: Of goddesses and women
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to that day’s paper. Get it delivered to your inbox by clicking here.