When the Avett Brothers take the stage at Greensboro Coliseum on New Year’s Eve, they’ll be continuing a long-running tradition of celebrating the holiday back home in North Carolina with family and friends. Their relationship with Greensboro goes back to a legendary show at the Green Bean in December 2004, as Senior Editor Jordan Green chronicles in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• Editorial: A moment of contentedness
• It Just Might Work: High Point Makers Festival
• Fresh Eyes: Freelancing, or my quarter-life crisis
• Editor’s Notebook: The road to the river
• Citizen Green: Christmas and the wheel of life
• Good Sport: Q&A with Panthers photog Melissa Melvin-Rodriguez
• Barstool: That awkward moment when…
Triad City Beat This Week comes out almost every Wednesday (and occasionally on Tuesdays) with links to stories in that week’s paper. Get it in your inbox by clicking here.