In this week’s cover story, Senior Editor Jordan Green explores the hellish experience of heroin addiction through the lives of four users, documenting a scourge that has focused particular wrath on High Point and Greensboro.
• High Point Journal: Kivett scion and business owners oppose MLK street renaming
• Editorial: We can’t rewrite history
• It Just Might Work: Electric car charging stations
• Fresh Eyes: Free speech over cultural sensitivity
• Editor’s Notebook: Coast to coast
• Exile on Jones Street: Social conservatives facing the end times
• Citizen Green: The importance of not forgetting
• All She Wrote: Muscle cars and hogs, beavers and muscadine wine
• Barstool: Wise Man Brewing
• Stage & Screen: A simple film gets traction in High Point
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to the stories in that week’s paper. Get it delivered to your inbox by clicking here.
Join the First Amendment Society, a membership that goes directly to funding TCB‘s newsroom.
We believe that reporting can save the world.
The TCB First Amendment Society recognizes the vital role of a free, unfettered press with a bundling of local experiences designed to build community, and unique engagements with our newsroom that will help you understand, and shape, local journalism’s critical role in uplifting the people in our cities.
All revenue goes directly into the newsroom as reporters’ salaries and freelance commissions.