There’s this thing called the “True ‘Cue NC” certification that is supposed to distinguish real pit-fired North Carolina barbecue from the pretenders. But even, or maybe especially, among the most zealous connoisseurs there’s fierce debate about who’s got the best. Associate Editor Eric Ginsburg runs down the Triad’s authentic ‘cue options in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• High Point Journal: Liquor-house parties flaunt residents’ complaints
• Editorial: Winston-Salem: Ground Zero
• It Just Might Work: Veggie dogs at the ballgame
• Fresh Eyes: The ‘dirty work’ of slaughtering animals
• Editor’s Notebook: Those shoes
• Citizen Green: A stealth scheme to suppress Greensboro’s vote
• Good Sport: Dulce et decorum est
• All She Wrote: The inevitable lawsuit
• Barstool: Lulu & Blu
• Stage & Screen: Life beyond Netflix: Video rental aims for a comeback
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to that week’s paper. Get it in your inbox by clicking here.