Triad City Beat Editor in Chief Brian Clarey walks more than a mile in the shoes of someone without a car in this week’s cover story. It’s personal. Having lived in northeast Greensboro for more than 10 years, he’s watched pedestrians take their lives into their hands traversing a long stretch of Yanceyville Street bereft of sidewalks as promised bond funds failed to materialize. Is anybody with the power to do something about it listening?
• High Point Journal: Investment in urban-core housing yields gains for city
Editorial: The nonpartisan shell game
It Just Might Work: A pop-up chorus
Editorial Notebook: Walking blues
• Citizen Green: What direction we want to move in
• Good Sport: Pugilists not at rest
• All She Wrote: Firepit of the vanities
• Food: Dinnerdome: Two chefs enter, one chef leaves
• Barstool: Bull’s Tavern
• Art: Two parts art, all party
• Stage & Screen: Shorts leave lasting impressions
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to that week’s paper. Get it in your inbox by clicking here.