Donald Trump, the Republican Party’s presumptive nominee, came to Greensboro on June 24 and spoke 7,117 words in less than an hour. We exhaustively fact-checked the speech to reveal the underlying truth beneath a Twitter-speed flurry of distortions, manipulations and outright lies for this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• High Point Journal: A task force on millennials pitches their cohorts on High Point
• Editorial: Scoring imaginary points
• It Just Might Work: Road dieting in LoFi
• Fresh Eyes: Together forever
• Editor’s Notebook: Liberian rules
• Citizen Green: The great crackup
• Fun & Games: Love that dirty water
• All She Wrote: A Taylor Swiftian proposal
• Barstool: Brown Truck Brewery
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s paper. Get it in your inbox by clicking here.
Join the First Amendment Society, a membership that goes directly to funding TCB‘s newsroom.
We believe that reporting can save the world.
The TCB First Amendment Society recognizes the vital role of a free, unfettered press with a bundling of local experiences designed to build community, and unique engagements with our newsroom that will help you understand, and shape, local journalism’s critical role in uplifting the people in our cities.
All revenue goes directly into the newsroom as reporters’ salaries and freelance commissions.