Ellin Schott spent three days in jail for violating a city panhandling ordinance. She was denied access to her anti-seizure medication, and two days later she was dead. Senior Editor Jordan Green and Associate Editor Eric Ginsburg chronicle a troubling pattern of inadequate medical care in local jails in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• Editorial: Trudy Wade draws a blank
• It Just Might Work: Stop saying ‘Word of mouth’
• Fresh Eyes: The folks behind the scenes
• Editor’s Notebook: An old story, revisited
• Citizen Green: Woodstock in High Point
• Fun & Games: Archery clinic hits the mark
• All She Wrote: The graduate
• Barstool: Kimpton Cardinal Katharine
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s paper. Get it in your inbox by clicking here.