Brian Clarey and Eric Ginsburg chronicle the Flying Anvil, a semi-legendary rock club that flourished, floundered and finally gasped its last in a nine-month period in 2006, a year that proved to be pivotal to downtown Greensboro’s resurgence, in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• High Point Journal: First responders armed with Narcan curb heroin overdose deaths
• Editorial: A game of chicken
• It Just Might Work: Mandatory recycling
• Fresh Eyes: What to do about these white people
• Editor’s Notebook: From the Ukraine
• Citizen Green: Time to hear from an ‘unbiased observer’
• Fun & Games: Pride of the Aggies
• All She Wrote: The governor’s new clothes
• Food: Give Jamaican food a chance
• Barstool: Fresh paint for a boozy coop
• Theater: Stephen Gee remembered
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s issue. Get it in your inbox by clicking here.