The Greensboro-High Point metro area recently moved from No. 2 to No. 1 in food hardship in the United States, with Winston-Salem not faring much better. Everybody’s talking about the problem around here, but does anyone have a plan to tackle it? Triad City Beat Associate Editor Eric Ginsburg talked to dozens of activists, chefs, farmers, community volunteers and politicians and compiled a list of ideas for addressing food hardship for this week’s cover story.
• High Point Journal: Developers exert influence over ordinance rewrite
• Editorial: A prayer for DGI
• It Just Might Work: Small plates
• Fresh Eyes: Steering away from downtown problems
• Editor’s Notebook: The lives of cats
• Citizen Green: The people’s chancellor
• Good Sport: The improved clinch
• All She Wrote: On fire
• Barstool: JuggHeads
• Stage & Screen: A youthful adventure by a centenarian
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that day’s paper. Get it in your inbox by clicking here.