Senior Editor Jordan Green follows up on his friend, Jen McCormack’s death, following a heart attack in the Forsyth County jail, in an effort to determine what went wrong in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story. The medical answers remain elusive, but Jen’s death highlights what one physician calls “one of the major crises of our time” — the incarceration of pregnant and addicted women.
• Editorial: Southern hostility
• It Just Might Work: A restaurant workers emergency fund
• Fresh Eyes: Why we welcome refugees to the Triad
• Editor’s Notebook: One for Jill
• Citizen Green: No safe spaces for trans folk, even at LGBT night
• Good Sport: Let’s talk about the frikkin’ Panthers
• All She Wrote: Forever in blue jeans
• Barstool: World of Beer
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s paper. Get it in your inbox by clicking here.