The cost of American gun culture became painfully personal to Liz Seymour earlier this year when her sister, Mary, lost her way in the depths of bipolar depression and shot herself in the head with a gun she had purchased earlier in the day. Seymour reflects on the debate over gun control and the personal toll to her family in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• High Point Journal: Montlieu Avenue on list of projects leaders want to push forward
Editorial: Always question the timing
It Just Might Work: More downtown residents
Fresh Eyes: An impostor at Furniture Market
Editor’s Notebook: The long road to Memphis
• Citizen Green: Mistrust and murky facts in black health
• Good Sport: Striving for greatness at A&T
• All She Wrote: Greatest Homecoming On Earth (GHOE)
• Food: Consuming Krankies’ cuisine
• Barstool: Unconventional wine pairings
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s paper. Get it in your inbox by clicking here.