In this week’s cover story, Jonathan Michels chronicles the three-year history of Occupy Winston-Salem, a group that dispensed with the tactic of encampment and focused instead of steady, consistent solidarity work with other progressive actors across North Carolina.
• Editorial: Trial by vote
• It Just Might Work: Secret bars
• Fresh Eyes: From the campaign trail to the ivory tower
• Editor’s Notebook: Voting with your dollars
• Exile on Jones Street: Elections in the political hot zone
• Citizen Green: Dark money for the spoiler
• Good Sport: Wake celebrates what they can
• All She Wrote: Which North Carolina politician are you?
• Barstool: First/Burke Street bar crawl
• Music: Purple Rain in Winston-Salem
• Stage & Screen: Tween angst in the South a puzzler for Triad Stage
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday morning with links to stories in that day’s paper. Get it delivered directly to your inbox by clicking here.