Five gardeners. Three cities. Photographer Caleb Smallwood documents urban gardeners who cultivate the soil for food, a sense of satisfaction and a quest for a more sustainable model for food production in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• High Point Journal: Congregation of historic black church looks to uncertain future
• Editorial: When primaries don’t matter
• It Just Might Work: Gardeners for hire
• Fresh Eyes: Why Warnersville matters
• Editor’s Notebook: Schoolwork
• Citizen Green: Remembering Grace Lee Boggs
• Good Sport: Pint-size parcour
• All She Wrote: The most interesting man in the world
• Barstool: Progress for distilleries
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s paper. Get in your inbox by clicking here.
Join the First Amendment Society, a membership that goes directly to funding TCB‘s newsroom.
We believe that reporting can save the world.
The TCB First Amendment Society recognizes the vital role of a free, unfettered press with a bundling of local experiences designed to build community, and unique engagements with our newsroom that will help you understand, and shape, local journalism’s critical role in uplifting the people in our cities.
All revenue goes directly into the newsroom as reporters’ salaries and freelance commissions.