Five gardeners. Three cities. Photographer Caleb Smallwood documents urban gardeners who cultivate the soil for food, a sense of satisfaction and a quest for a more sustainable model for food production in this week’s Triad City Beat cover story.
• High Point Journal: Congregation of historic black church looks to uncertain future
• Editorial: When primaries don’t matter
• It Just Might Work: Gardeners for hire
• Fresh Eyes: Why Warnersville matters
• Editor’s Notebook: Schoolwork
• Citizen Green: Remembering Grace Lee Boggs
• Good Sport: Pint-size parcour
• All She Wrote: The most interesting man in the world
• Barstool: Progress for distilleries
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to stories in that week’s paper. Get in your inbox by clicking here.