The National Folk Festival begins opens in Greensboro on Friday in the first iteration of a three-year run in the city. This week’s Triad City Beat cover story explains the vision of the festival, which reflects the mosaic of American traditional and immigrant cultures. Our editors suggest their strategies for making the most of the festival on Friday, Saturday afternoon, Saturday evening and Sunday. As a bonus, there’s a feature story about festival performer Dale Watson.
• High Point Journal: City pays for home repairs
• Editorial: Duckling on the wall
• It Just Might Work: A cure for pre-season NFL
• Fresh Eyes: School days
• Editor’s Notebook: Everybody I know
• Citizen Green: Celebrating Labor Day — by working
• Good Sport: September crapshoot
• All She Wrote: Facts about trim
• Barstool: Corks, Caps & Taps
Triad City Beat This Week comes out every Wednesday with links to that week’s stories. Get it in your inbox by clicking here.